Friday, August 15, 2008

Headed for Consult

Ada & Dad headed down to the hospital to meet with the Nephrologist. I really wanted to be there, but physically I was not up to the trip.

So last night was spent briefing Dad on all the details of the log book I keep, where to find information he may need, Making a list of questions, and reviewing together any details from the last week - which Dad is more on top of than I am at the moment.

At this point Ada is getting pretty swollen and is feeling generally uncomfortable. Her appetite has decreased - well, sort of - she is constantly hungry and looking for something to eat, but once she starts eating she doesn't eat very much before her stomach is hurting her. She has been complaining a lot about stomach aches again, whether she is swollen or not.

A recent complaint, as of yesterday, is that her eyes are fuzzy. She is having trouble seeing far away. She had gone in to see the eye dr earlier in the year and all was fine, but she is about the same age I was when I had to get glasses. so at this point I wouldn't know whether to blame the swelling, the medicine, or genetics. We'll just have to check that out too.

I guess if there are more questions they will call me. So we will just wait to hear where we are at.

*****

Something I did do is take a urine sample this morning to send down. She has a lot of trouble peeing on command. If we don't get our sample in the morning it is very hard to get later. The last time we went down to the hospital she couldn't give them a pee sample; so I kept the sample cup and used it this morning. I had to use wipes for a clean catch, so it may not be as sterile as it could have been, but at least they will have a pee sample to work with.

2 comments:

Itty-Bitty Portraits said...

Calli can't ever do a clean catch eaither.... oh well. Calli's always complains of her eyes hurting when she relapses, interesting. I hope every thing goes well at the appointment.

Cathi said...

Smart move on that early morning urine sample.