Saturday, March 29, 2008

Give us this day our Daily Bread

Boy this phrase has new meaning. Every time I turn around it is time to make bread again. I really enjoy making bread; but depending on the homemade bread creates a greater demand than I have had before.

I guess I could buy bread for the rest of the family and just make Ada's; but everyone else prefers the homemade bread too - even without the salt.

I have read stories of the pioneers, and rising each morning to make the daily bread. I thought maybe that was just because things didn't keep, and maybe that was the case, but with a good size family it really is easy to eat up several loaves of bread in a day or two, thus time to make bread again.

But the kids are good helpers and enjoy rolling the rolls and forming the loaves. And Ada loves her bread over everything else.

No comments: