Wednesday, March 6, 2013

4 months is better than 2 months - right?

Well, I had been really optimistic and believed that Ada would make it at least a year without spilling proteins again.  But thankfully she had 4 months protein and prednisone free.

Have notified the clinic.  Will watch her protein level daily (it is currently at a 3+) and report back next week.

I was so optimistic that I had not been riding Ada to get those pee tests done each week, so who knows how long she has been leaking.  This morning the tell tell signs of facial edema were obvious and I demanded a pee test, refusing to let her shrug it off (I can't blame her for being tired of the routine).  The stick was dark.

Oh well, praying for the best and realizing she has good medical care we are thankful for.

Cheers!

No comments: