Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Relapse #??

Yup, it's a relapse.  I called the clinic last week to let them know she was spilling proteins.  They told me to watch her for another couple of days and if she hadn't gone down give them a call back on Friday.  They hadn't gone down.  She was at a 3+ when I called the clinic back.  They weren't thrilled but what can you do.

They sent a prescription into our local pharmacy for more prednisone and put her on the fast taper.  60 mg daily until she shows trace for 3 days, then 40 every other day for 4 weeks, then off.  (this is a new schedule that gets the kids off prednisone faster.  I don't know if it works better, worse, or the same.)

So, she is being good about the low sodium to keep her swelling down and testing daily.  Her relapse spread over a longer time period, so maybe things are changing and after the taper she will be protein free for a while.  Time will tell. (I suspect not, but am always hoping!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Ada but 9 months without a relapse is a great feat! My daughter (5 years old) completed a 12-week course of cyclophosphamide in February and has just relapsed. She is in Kindergarten now and so it was inevitable, especially at this time of year. I had just hoped she would go a full year without one. I hope the new weaning regimine works well for Ada.