Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sticker Shock

We have been very blessed that prednisone has been an affordable drug.  In the past insurance has kept all other medications affordable to us, expensive being over $50.  This year we have a new insurance program, which is not nearly as nice as we use to have.  We were expecting the medication to cost more this year, probably in the $100 to $200 range.  Nothing could have prepared me for the $600 price tag.  I'm going to have to do some looking around and finding out what programs to reduce medication costs are out there.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

hermance said...

I just wanted to thank you for your blog and for the updates on Ada's progress with NS. My 6-year old son was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome when he was 3, and it can be a bit bewildering and isolating to cope with this rare and yet also somewhat common disease. It is great to read about others' experiences.