Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I thought I better give a quick update.

I last posted that Ada had come down with a minor cold/flu and with that we found her proteins up in the 2+ range.  I had her take care of herself so she could get better and we watched and prayed.

Blessing of blessings, as the illness faded away so did the protein level.  Her body recovered on its own.  (It is not uncommon for anybody to spill proteins when their body is stressed, so this was not a relapse!)  What a wonderful Mother's day present, for Ada to be protein free for a week again.

2 comments:

kidney disease said...

There are new treatment for nephrotic synerome without dialysis and transplant.
They are stem cell treatment and tcm: Micro-chinese medicine.

MommaBear said...

We have not faced dialysis or the prospect of a transplant. My understanding is that most NS patients do not reach that point.

The reason I posted allowed this comment is because in some rare cases NS does not resolve and other more extreme treatments are needed.

I am just beginning to learn about stem cell treatment, what it is, and what it can do. For those who feel they have run out of options, it is worth learning about.

Here is another blog I follow that explains their experience with Stem Cell Therapy.http://www.homeschooling.net/blog/stem-cell/stem-cell-therapy/